Wednesday, April 2, 2008

littlebird, make a nest of my heart

Surely my title could not have been more sentimental, but I've always had a place in my heart for birds. My grandmother was an avid birdwatcher and to this day if you ask my father what that little bird is, he'll tell you without a blink. While other children in his small town in upstate New York were playing baseball or buying candies at the local store, my father was photographing rare birds in the forest around his home. Some nerd, eh? Well, a little of that has carried over to me - I can name quite a few bird species and trees, too. So when I followed a link from Agathe's site to the website of an online jewellery store called Paraphernalia, I was so pleased I could sing. Like a lark... Haha, silly girl. I picked mine out right away and ordered it without a second thought as I'd been looking for a statement necklace for a while. Moments later, I had a sweet email thanking me for my order! How nice!
Yesterday, my necklace arrived. Since the retailer is literally on the other side of the world, it took a full month but it was so worth it!


A lovely little package


And on the back of the card was a handwritten note thanking me again! I love when strangers are so nice.

I will likely be wearing this little beauty with... everything. Plain t-shirt, other necklaces... oh, the possiblities!




No comments: