Thursday, May 1, 2008

amping it up

I recently got a new job at a great consignment boutique here in Vancouver called Changes. I've really had to amp up my styling of my own outfits as well as learning about other body types and what shapes flatter them, not to mention learning what colours look good with different people's skin! It's a lot to learn but it's so fun and so exactly what I want to be doing now that I'm almost done my degree. Not only is consigning clothing a form of recycling, but this store is so woman-positive and so committed to local, national and global charities. It's basically perfect. The only thing is that it's very challenging and I've never working in retail before. But I figure this is the best place to learn!

Anyways, here's what I wore on my first day...


Wilfred jacket, Aquatalia sandals, cotton dress

I accessorized with a necklace made of big wooden beads, but it was still a pretty simple outfit. Well, simple doesn't always cut it so I tried some new things with today's outfit. I layered two skirts and cinched it in with a nicely textured vest.

Thrifted skirts, thrifted boots, Sisley vest, vintage shoe charm worn as broach

No comments: