Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mission: Shirt Dress

My latest fashion obsession is a shirt dress. I'd like to find one that has lots of volume in the skirt portion so I can twirl like a top or add a crinoline or a bright skirt underneath for a little kick. So far, the search has been fruitless.


Too boring and nun-like!

Too 1950s waitress (in a bad way)!



Too boring! Urg!

Gettin' there, but ACK! $895 on sale!

So you see my dilemma. I'm entirely too picky. I think I'll know it when I see it. And it's the kind of thing thats fairly seasonless if you get the right one so I shall persevere and update you on my search as it progresses. I guess it helps that I have ready access to awesome clothing at my new job. Huzzah!

All images from Net-a-porter.com

2 comments:

KATLIN said...

I feel you on this! I'm more picky about the actual fit of it. Like it can't be too short or too loose and needs to be tailored enough so it doesn't look like I'm just wearing a big shirt as a dress.

style-magnet said...

shirt dresses are my favorite .. so easy!